Skip to the content
Plan for keeping employees calm
- Ensure we are being as transparent as possible in regards to decision making
- Ensure we are not hyper-focusing on COVID in discussions; break up unproductive conversations
Plan for business as usual during a pandemic
- Messaging to clients regarding how YOU are ensuring THEY are safe
- What is your team’s stance on telemedicine?
- Curbside appointments: are they safe in your location? Can you confine or retrieve patients easily if they get loose?
- Inventory management
- Do you have enough stock to accommodate an increase in glove usage? (Be mindful that replenishing that stock could be an issue in the future)
- Are you comfortable requesting that clients limit themselves to only one client to one patient?
Plan for business slowing during a pandemic
- Do we have them lean on PTO and PTO sharing?
- Are you willing/able to cover PTO for employees that do not have enough saved?
- Ensure you meet with your DVMs to formulate a plan for reduced DVM coverage if business needs dictate
- Are there any DVMs with a ton of PTO who would volunteer to take time off if necessary?